Saturday 7 April 2018

To be or not to be

Hello my friends!

How are you? I have to say that I am quite excited with this post, as usual! Today I want to share with you what a Podcast is and how to create it to teach in your lessons (I am going to do it next week with my 6th graders! I'm so excited 💪 Wish me luck 🍀). 

A Podcast is an audio file with a lot of possibilities, it can improve the confidence of your students, their pronunciation, their fluency and accuracy. I will answer you the following questions and you will understand it better.

How can I create a podcast? I use GarageBand, it's an app for Apple devices but let me say that it's wonderful. You can add loops, change your voice, add more loops and even add music. Do you want to play the guitar with this app? You can! If you haven't got an Apple device, Audacity is other alternative, different neurons have told me that it's easy, but my right neuron doesn't' agree!

Where can I storage my podcast? Once you've created your podcast, you need a room to keep it. My option is SoundCloud; it's free and very easy to use. From GarageBand you can share your podcasts and creations directly with SoundCloud. It's a piece of cake.

Why do you have to create a podcast and you can't continue with my boring and useless lessons? Are you sure that you need an answer? Think it twice 😏

I created a podcast as a welcome in my audio project called To be or not to be. We are in April, April celebrates Saint George (in some regions in Spain the 23rd of April people gift books and roses) and Shakespeare death and birth. For this reason, I though that it will be a good idea to start a new project with Shakespeare. Ready? Steady? Go?

The first that I did it was to create a lesson plan. The draft is in Google Drive and I created a Google doc. You can create documents, presentations, questionnaire and spreadsheet. The best thing is that you are working online and the document is saved in the cloud.




Then, I created the podcast with GarageBand, I added to my channel in SoundCloud and I wrote some hashtags. Here you can listen to the voices of  Romeo, Juliet and my creator. She mixed some voices and music. I really love it!



You should be familiar with different concepts when you create an audio channel. The audio channel is the main page, your profile and, the playlists are the different folders with different music. This is my audio channel (yes, I've only created a podcast, but wait a couple of weeks):



Do you study with music? And what about your students? This is my favourite playlist; it's called Study and I play it when I am doing projects, planning lessons or thinking about my final thesis 😅 



Explore the many posibilites that these apps have got and share your projects!

TwoTwo

No comments:

Post a Comment