Thursday 26 April 2018

Online storytelling

Hello!

Are you ok? Still impressed by my Chroma project? 😏 Me too, but don't worry! I bring new surprises for you today! From the beginning of this blog, I have shared with you several activities, all of them educational; but on this post I want to make an exception.

All of us have stories that make us happy πŸ˜›, embarrassed 😳, sad 😞, curious πŸ§...Storytelling is one of the most powerful tools, not only for teachers, but humans in general, to get whatever we want; remember that communication is very important in our days. Today's post is about stories, but not about a story that is written and that's all. NO NO NO. Our post is about telling stories online. Yes, my right neuron is happy again, my left isn't.

Flipgrid is a social video for student engagement and formative assessment. We joined to this social platform with the project Twima: The World Is My Audience. This project is about telling stories; so far there are stories from my classmates and from students and teachers from Alverno.

As I said before, we joined to Flipgrid and when I say WE I mean we; our creator Soraya has joined us too and she has told a nice and fun story about her first time teaching as a private tutor in the United Kingdom. Let's listen to her! 


If you want to hear more stories, here you can find the whole #twima8 grid. I recognize some faces πŸ˜† Hello! πŸ˜‚


Participating in one activity like this encourages you to share your own stories. Our is about teaching, but there are others about Why am I a teacher? or Happy Exchange Experience. For me this project has got several advantages: sometimes you've got stories that you want to share but you don't know if they are relevant for you colleagues, classmates,...Twima has given us the opportunity to tell how shocked was to have got parents into the classroom. The alternative story than Soraya wanted to tell was: she is working in a public school in Madrid and it's her first time. Sometimes she wants to share stories about her first impressions (everything is new for her), but she knows that those stories maybe are bored for her colleagues. Sometimes, opening the mouth liberates yourself. The project is quite cool and innovative! Why not to create a similar activity with primary students to share their own stories πŸ€” (left neuron idea). 

What about you? Have you got a story that you want to share? Don't be shy and remember that sharing is caring! Spread the voice and you story, of course! 

TwoTwo

No comments:

Post a Comment