Tuesday 27 February 2018

This is a mess! Let's tidy up!

Hello TwoTwonians!

Today I was a little bit overwhelmed, let me explain myself. My left neuron is very organized and my right neuron isn't, let's say that it's more creative. And sometimes it's very difficult to make them both happy. 

On the web, there are thousands of resources, you can spend hours clicking and clicking again (remember that in my first post I recommended Focus to you, an essential app to manage your own time). For this reason my left neuron wanted a place where everything is organized, but my right neuron wanted more mess and loads of creativity..and I found the solution! The solution is called content curation. Do you know what is it?

Content curation means that my both neurons are happy and satisfied. On one hand, the resources are organized and on the other hand, they are linked with other resources that are very useful. It's great!

There are different tools to start curating content (Symbaloo, PearltreesList.ly), but Pinterest is cutting-edge . Why? It's intuitive, easy to use and you can find thousands of resources about everything! Do you want to make a nice activity for Saint Patrick's Day? Pinterest is your solution. What about nice cards for Saint Valentine's Day? Go for Pinterest. For Easter? I think that you know the answer. 

Let me explain a little bit about Pinterest:
  • What is a Pin? A Pin is a picture that you upload to Pinterest. Each picture is a link, then when people click on your picture, they are going to land in your blog.
  • What is a board? The boards are categories or sections that you can create in Pinterest to organize your content. For example, I have a board for classroom management, another for storytelling time, for CLIL and so on. There are group boards where people can collaborate in the same board; remember that sharing is caring!
This is my favourite board: routines. I think that our students need routines to feel comfortable in the school environment. You can find wonderful displays about the days of the week, the months, the routine of washing their hands and more.

Don't be shy and create some boards, you'll feel better when you see all the great ideas that you can use in your lessons in an organized and creative way.

See you soon!

TwoTwo

No comments:

Post a Comment