Tuesday 1 May 2018

Is this the end?

Hello TwoTwonians,

How are you? I've got a mix of feelings and my two neurons too 😒😊This is going to be my last post as a student, but I think that it's not going to be the last forever and ever. We have learnt quite about ICT and we are quite happy about that. The radio programme is a new project that we started because of the things that we have learnt. And we want more and more; maybe a news programme, maybe other crazy ideas 😜 (Google Classroom, Edmodo, eTwinning,...who knows?)

It wasn't easy to put the whole subject in a final artifact. First, my left neuron thought about using Genial.ly, but my right neuron disagreed (no surprises, as you can imagine). I suggested Powtoon; we never used it before on this blog and it's an amazing app. Both agreed. The problem was the time, but no pain no gain and we started to work on it.

We used these apps apart form Powtoon:
  • Canva: we told you that we love it 💕. It's very easy to use and the results are amazing and it's free! What else do you want?
  • Pixabay: the photos and logos are from Pixabay. Remember that it's a good resource when you need photos. 



It hasn't been simple to summarize four months in less than 5 minutes, but we tried it. In this moment, we are wiser about ICT and we are mad about creating new projects with students and enrolling in some courses. I wouldn't say that this is an easy job. No sorry. All the apps that I suggested are easy to use but they consume a lot of time and sometimes you need to watch and read a lot of tutorials to master them. Is it worthy? All my neurons, my creator and myself think that it's more than worthy.

If I have to choose my favourite activity is, without any doubt, the video project. Using the Chroma technique was quite fun, but the outcome was A M A Z I N G.

Maybe I am not the right person to give you any piece of advice, but teaching is one of the most wonderful professions that exist in this world and suggest new things for your students is fun and gratifying. Show them how Chroma works, record them like in a radio programme, search for photos and be legal with the authors, try a new app once a month (my next is going to be StikBot). And overall, don't be lazy. Don't be that teacher that everybody points our like the I-like-the-textbook-and-that's-the-only-thing-that-I'm-going-to-do teacher.

It has been a pleasure 😍

We will keep in touch!

TwoTwo 

No comments:

Post a Comment